Mahan Air Medical Cases Assistance
Mahan Air strives to cater to the needs of customers with special needs.
In order to better serve you, we request that you contact and advise us of your specific needs at the time of booking at least 48 hours prior to your flight. If you need special assistance, you may be required to fill out Mahan Air Medical Information Form (MEDIF) which is available at the local Mahan Air head office. In general, any medical condition which would render a passenger unable to complete the flight safely without requiring extraordinary medical assistance during the flight is considered unacceptable for air travel.
Carriage of Medical Passengers:
If you intend to travel with your own wheelchair or use other mobility aid then please inform us either at the seat booking stage or after you have made your booking. We will carry your wheelchair or mobility aid free of charge.
The following is pertinent with respect to mobility aids:
- You will be able to use your personal wheelchair or mobility aid wherever possible. However, another wheelchair will be used to take you to your allocated seat on the aircraft.
- Battery powered wheelchairs and mobility aids will be accepted as checked baggage and kept in the aircraft hold. We will not accept transport of a damaged or leaking battery.
Mobility assistance at the airport
Mahan Air provides mobility assistance service to help you through the airport. It is advisable to let us know of your requirements at the time of making your booking and at least 48 hours prior to your flight.
Request for Oxygen On-Board
Effective (01 March, 2012) Mahan Air will charge a nominal amount for the Oxygen bottles provided on board.
Any medical condition which would render a passenger unable to complete the flight safely without requiring extraordinary medical assistance during the flight is considered unacceptable for air travel. Conditions usually considered
UNACCEPTABLE for air travel (although these are suggested limiting factors, each individual case must be considered on its merits and is dependent on whether or not the passenger is accompanied by a professional escort)including:.
Click here to download Mahan Air Medical Information form (MEDIF)
- Anemia of severe degree
- Severe cases of Otitis Media and Sinusitis
- Acute contagious or communicable disease
- Those suffering from Congestive Cardiac Failure or other cyanotic conditions not fully controlled
- Uncomplicated Myocardial infarction within 2 weeks of onset complicated MI within 6 weeks of onset
- Those suffering from severe respiratory disease or recent pneumothorax
- Those with GI lesions which may cause hematemesis, Melena or intestinal obstruction
- Fracture of the Mandible with fixed wiring of the jaw (unless medically) escorted
- Unstable Mental Illness without escort and suitable medication for the journey
- Uncontrolled seizures unless medically escorted
- Uncomplicated Single Pregnancies beyond 35 weeks
- Multiple Pregnancies beyond 32 weeks
- Infants within 7 days of birth
- Introduction of air to body cavities for diagnostic or Therapeutic purposes within 7 days prior to air travel